Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Two Weeks and Counting

Two weeks?! Surely there is some mistake with my calendar. Wasn’t it just yesterday that the conference was months away? Now, I have just fourteen days to get everything done. I woke up at 4:23 this morning (well, actually my son woke me up to tell me he had just had a good dream (that’s nice sweetie, thanks) I lay awake thinking of all the jobs that need to get done before I leave. I never did get back to sleep.

This is my first International Conference, and I am very excited. I’ve seen other Leaders come back glowing and gushing about them. I can’t wait to experience it for myself. I am looking forward to meeting some of the women with whom I have exchanged emails. I do look Leaders up on the CN to see if there is a picture available, a feature I love. But that just can't compare with a face-to-face meeting.

But I am also very nervous. I will be away from my family for a whole week. We decided that taking the family wasn’t going to work well for us. I know that they will be fine. My husband is importing Grandma for back-up for the week. The kids are very excited that they will spend a whole week with Grandma. But I have this nagging feeling in my gut that just won’t go away. I am really going to miss them. I have been making cards and letters for the kids so that they each have one to open each day I am gone. I even bought some Webkinz trading cards to put in the letters (insurance that letters from Mom would be exciting). I know they will make it through without me, I'm not sure I will do as well without them. Wish me luck.

Well, I need to go bake an apple pie (the ultimate American dessert for Independence Day) Besides, the kids want to get on the computer to water their Webkinz gardens.

Happy 4th of July to all my fellow Americans, happy Wednesday to everyone else!

Bobbie

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy 4th.
Enjoy your trip to ICf :-) You will enjoy it!

MacMom said...

Two weeks? Yeah, I feel the same way. Where the heck did June go? :-)

~Judie