Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Lynn Carter #2

So here I am in the Tech Room while my three-year-old daughter runs around. I had expected her to do the museum thing with her father and seven-year-old brother, but this morning she followed me out the door. We made it through the opening remarks of GSPS, and most of Michael Brandwein’s heartening presentation. It helps that no one here is bothered by a three-year-old nursing. Rosie? She’s in heaven! What could be better than sitting in a stationary lap and nursing endlessly? Mom doesn’t do that at home anymore!

Later this morning I sat down with a day planning grid and my conference booklet. I plotted out all my sessions and the Alumni stuff I wanted to do. CE sessions get priority, and lunches are mandatory, since they are paid for. My husband gets to take off without us for a few days at a time for his conferences, so I’m trying to remember that it’s okay for me to call dibs on the things that are important to me. And that there is still lots to be gained here outside of the meeting rooms and official sessions.

No comments: