Sunday, July 22, 2007

First conference

I can only say how in awe I am of this whole experience. Being here and witnessing these celebrations is certainly humbling. The sessions I have attended have all been very wonderful. And, as a Ripplewood scholarship recipient, I'm so grateful to have had this opportunity given to me.

I've had the chance to meet so many wonderful new people here in Chicago. Nearly everyone I meet is a new person for me. Being from an isolated group as a lone Leader, this support and encouragement keeps me going! Thank you to Carol for making this amazing experience possible.

I had the opportunity to attend the Raising Your Spirited Child session this morning. Which was wonderfully refreshing for me as my son is definately more, as she puts it. The exercises she did with us and the information about how to cope, and help your child cope, was wonderfully put.

I've heard a lot about Calgary, Alberta, Canada having a conference in 2009 and I really hope this happens because I would love to attend. Especially in such a beautiful area!

No comments: