Monday, May 21, 2007

Karen's LLLI 2007 Conference Blog

Hello,

Well! I'm overwhelmed! The butterflies are churning, and that's a good thing, I suppose, because I'm trying something new, all the while trying to keep that bubbling stew of challenge from going over the edge of the pot.

Blogging, Ripplewood Scholarship responsibilities, like a mother hen (read control freak) gathering my co-leaders together to travel and room together or if not, feel a part of it all, imagining fundraising opportunities, collecting souvenirs for our Canadian Parade and Table, planning to stuff everything and the kitchen sink into a carry on luggage, not to mention the dubious discount travel via Buffalo. And one of these wee hours in the morning, soon, before July 20th, I will read my enormous collection of conference emails to find out more about all the wonderful activities planned for our LLLI 50th Anniversary.

This is just what's in my head. I haven't actually done anything yet.

This year seems to be quite the milestone for me. It is my 15th wedding anniversary with Mark, whom I first met in Grade 7 French Immersion on the South Shore of Montreal where we grew up. He loves the mini machine of old analog watches and I have to convince him that the traditional 15 year anniversary gift of "time piece" is bad Chinese luck to give your partner - it hints "your time is up". Not that I am so superstitious, just that I doubt a watch will be much help for my incorrigible time management skills.

It is my 10th anniversary of being Mom to other than my 4 legged furry babies, and I suppose we are winding down on the 10 years of nursing too (Sam 10, Kate 8, Ethan 4). And finally, it is my 5th anniversary as a La Leche League Leader.

I am so looking forward to meeting you all. I'll be the very calm and quiet one. You won't see the run-on sentences and cacophony that spins in my head here ;-)


Happy Victoria Day!


Karen

May 21st, 2007, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

2 comments:

MacMom said...

Hi, Karen!

Happy Anniversary! I loved reading your first post and all about you and I look forward to reading more posts from you. :)

~Judie

Shelly said...

There are so many details to get straightened out, aren't there! My tip -- lists. Lists and more lists. If I write things down, it allows my mind to let go of them so ideas aren't so crowded in there! :)